Saturday, January 21, 2012
Oh, hey there! It's 2012. It's been a while :)
The holidays were fun--parents drove to Utah from Tay-hass, got stuck in Roswell because of snow, and made it to Provo on Christmas Eve. Little Lucy and Lizzy (scroll to the bottom of the post) came along for the ride, and I think we all scheming ways we could keep them here in Utah!
I just spent the last two days in Salt Lake for ALT and to say that it was amazing would be a severe understatement! So many amazing, talented, beautiful, creative, inspiring, influential, encouraging people, all with different stories, all together to learn and be inspired by others. Classes, round table discussions, panels, keynote speakers, parties. 30 pages of notes and thoughts. Dreaming big. Just a few of the highlights:
• Spending time with the adorable and talented Muffin...so glad we went together! Muffin and I met in school, and our paths have crossed several times since. Love this girl!
• Listening to Ben Silbermann, founder of Pinterest. Loads of respect for him, and next time I get the 404 error message, I'll be a little more patient :)
• Meeting and spending time with and making new friends...and meeting 'the face behind the blog.'
• Thought-provoking questions.
• Setting goals for this year and working to accomplish these goals.
Loved my time at ALT. Well worth it.
Here's to a fabulous 2012!
Oh! One other bullet point! My sweet, funny, and talented friend, Katie, was so kind to let me stay with her in Salt Lake. Katie used to live just a few condos down from me, and ever since she moved to Salt Lake, Provo hasn't been the same!
Krista (on the right) hosted a little party before Christmas, and Katie (on the left) came down from Salt Lake and helped me decorate a gingerbread house. I like to think that ours turned out the best :)