Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm COLD.

It's probably about 15° outside right now. I've been cold all day. Instead of having a cup of hot chocolate or some other warm morsel of goodness, I just had a bowl of fruit slushee. Why? Because it's soo good! Problem: it's a cold treat. Mom made fruit slushee over Thanksgiving and it's probably one of my favorite snacks. Super easy, quick and good. I think I've made it for myself 3 times in the last week! I'm sure you're wondering how to make fruit slushee by now, and because I'm so nice, I'll share the recipe :)

Fruit Slushee
1 can of crushed pineapple
1 can of grapefruit
2 or 3 bananas

Blend all ingredients (juice included) until pureed. Pour into a 9 x 13 glass pan and freeze for a few hours. Once frozen, cut into squares, put a few cubes into a bowl and pour Sprite or 7Up over it and enjoy!

Super easy and perfect for holiday get-togethers in the upcoming weeks!

1 comment:

The Real Sugarbear said...

Did you know I'm not allowed to eat grapefruit, according to the warning label on one of my meds? It's true!