Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On Family...

Ever have those moments when you're overwhelmingly grateful for someone or something? Right now I couldn't be more grateful for my family and the influence they are in my life!

On Sunday, Katie, Joe-Joe, Claire and I headed up to Salt Lake to spend the afternoon with my brother and sister-in-law. It was so fun to just be together as family and enjoy each other's company. We Skyped with Mom, Dad and Sarah at home, and for a few minutes, we were all together. (Marshall was with us in spirit :) We weren't together for anything in particular, but just being with the people I love--in person and virtually!--was just what I needed on Sunday. I wish we all lived closer so we could be together more often!

While I was at school in Idaho, I had no family near by, and was lucky to make it down to Utah a couple times a semester and visit with aunts, uncles and cousins. I get asked fairly regularly how I ended up in Provo if I didn't go to school here. I have a few different reasons why I'm in Provo, but one of the main reasons is that I'm near family here! Before Marshall left on his mission, 4 of the 5 of us Bowerman kiddos were within about 45 minutes of each other. Pretty impressive, huh? Living close to family at this stage in my life has been such a blessing. I'm grateful everyday to have a brother and sister so close!

Last night after Family Night, we (naturally!) had the Olympics on. If you didn't get the chance to see the interview with Kevin Pearce's family and Tom Brokaw, take a few minutes to watch. I couldn't help but hold back the tears as I watched this family pull together during such a difficult time. What an example of strength, courage and faith this family is to so many people. This was such an inspiring interview and made me want to be a more positive person during tough times.

{Pearce Family}

It's all about family, isn't it?

No comments: