Things I've learned in the last week or so:
• Me + medicine = not good a good combination! I haven't really been myself the last week or so, and I don't really like it! I can't even remember the last time I went to see a doctor, but I went last week because I wasn't getting over my cold. I was feeling pretty anxious about going, but knew I needed to go. The doctor that I saw recently retired and used to live in my parent's stake, so he knew my parents and younger siblings. Crazy, small world connection! I felt better about going to the doctor after making that little connection with the doctor! Turns out I had the flu...a pretty intense case of the flu! I was down-and-out for the count for several days. Still not feeling 100%, but so much better than I was feeling a week ago!
• Those Puffs Plus with Vicks are lifesavers when you're blowing your nose every 2.9 seconds. I highly recommend them.
• I'm so, so ready for spring! It was near 70 towards the beginning of the week, and yesterday we had snow. Boo. I bought myself a beautiful boquet of tulips today to help me get through these last few weeks of winter.
• I ♥ ebay! My camera cord went MIA (surprise...it's always missing!) so I went to to the store to buy a card reader and a battery charger. Card reader = $20. Battery charger = $50. Total = $70. Found the cord I needed that would do both things for...$1 on ebay! I saved myself $69!
• Driving down State Street or University Parkway in Orem/Provo with all green lights is pure happiness. Doesn't happen very often, but when it does, life is good.
• See that little video on the right-hand side? Baby Claire is in it! Katie's neighbor has been involved with making several videos for the Church, and asked if Katie and Claire could help out. Pres. Uchtdorf gave this talk at last October's General Relief Society meeting. It was such an amazing talk and is worth re-reading! There are several other videos on youtube by MormonMessages that are worth watching!
• What about Jason? I think he's a loser. I know he's been on his 'apology tour' for the last week, but still...what he did was so not cool.
• And what about American Idol? I don't know if I have any favorites just yet...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this season shapes up to something worth following. I am glad Tatiana didn't make it to the top