Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend...

Sniffle. Clean. Breakfast with Dad! Conference. Move furniture. Cough, cough. Watch more Conference here. Clean room while watching Conference. Get ready for day (at 5:00 pm). Sniffle. Cough. Head out to Deseret Book with roomies and dinner. Come home, take Nyquil. Bed at 8:30.

Airport run at 6:00. Return rental truck. (More on that later.) Breakfast...german pancakes! Finish cleaning-slash-organizing-slash-get rid of more stuff. More Conference. Cough. Cough. Dayquil this time! A little more Conference. Sniffle. Sniffle.

It's been a crazy weekend, but so, so good. Saturday morning Conference session was just what I need. President Uchtdorf quoted Leonardo da Vinci, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Watch here. "What does this have to do with flying an airplane? Well, let me tell you..." Classic.

Currently missing this little lady:

(us flying to St Louis...she LOVED looking at all the airplanes!)

Last week I took Claire with me as I flew home to St Louis for the weekend. We had a little mini family get-together for mom's (50th!) birthday and little Caleb's baby blessing. It worked out for me to fly home a little earlier than everyone else, and because Claire is still under two, she got to come with me! She was perfect while we were in the air, but it was at our layover in Denver that she had her inevitable meltdown. We (barely) survived the meltdown and I might have thought about leaving the kid in Denver...just kidding!! (I love that little girl a little *too* much!) I have so much more respect for parents flying with little kiddos!...it's hard! Claire (oh...and her mom and brother) won't be back in Provo for two weeks, and I'm going crazy with out them here. I'm hoping the next two weeks go fast.

And here's to hoping this little sickie will feel better. Soon.

2 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

I think it's pretty neat how much you love her and that your sis trusts you to take her on the plane. I kinda miss those old days of art class. I bet you miss Brother Belka and his... hair!
Love the blog.
Abby

Katie and joe said...

only a week tomorrow! eight days, eight days.... feel better!