Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cookie Exchange!

Tomorrow at work we're having a cookie exchange! This required making 9 dozen cookies (plus a few extras for testing as the cookies were being made for quality control purposes, of course)...that's a LOT of cookies! I knew what cookie I wanted to make as soon as I heard we were doing this little exchange thing...Ginger Crisps! These are quite possibly my *favorite* cookie! Yes, I even had my mom make some and ship them to me freshman year when I was living in Nauvoo (I think she did this for me not once, but twice! She really loves me!)...they're seriously THAT good!! So last night, I spent nearly 5 hours cooking, baking and cleaning up my mess...the counter had flour all over it! Oops! Tonight I put all the cookies in bags and attached the recipe to them...super simple. They're all ready to go for tomorrow!

And because I'm soo nice, I'm going to post the recipe. And if you ask me to, I might even be nice enough to send some to you! We'll see though...it's kind of a crazy week. No promises...but ask and see what happens! Here's the recipe:

3/4 C butter flavor Crisco
1 C flour
1/4 C molasses
2 C flour
1 egg
2 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt

Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and molasses. Sift together dry ingredients. Add to sugar mixture. Roll in balls, then in sugar. Bakd at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Watch closely and pull out when barely done! (They're best when you pull them out before they start to crack on top!)

Enjoy!!

PS...yes, that's our sweet little 3 foot Christmas tree in the background that just chills on our kitchen table!

2 comments:

C World said...

how fun to have a cookie exchange. yes those ginger crisps are THE BEST. they make my mouth water just thinking about them when you mom mailed them to us in Nauvoo. yummy...

Porter Family said...

i am pretty excited to try these...if they are a favorite in the bowerman household, they can only be awesome!